Tuesday, November 27, 2012

5 Meals In 6 Minutes

I wanted to post this video by Paul Risse because it shows just how easy being raw is... I would say a little extra time beyond his six minutes for food prep, but seriously fairly quick and easy!



Because of this video I am going to more fully investigate chia seeds...I've written out seeds from my diet because of the crazy imbalance of my intestines. Problems I am facing involve supplementation. Over the last 3 years I've supplemented too much. Protein powder, Fiber powder, Calcium pills, Magnesium Pills, Iron, Omega-3 (which always taste horrid so I don't supplement enough) and Vit-B liquid ... and I've been investigating using food vs supplements, but finding highly saturated raw sources is a bit daunting. Chia seeds seem to fit a part of the program, having an extremely high concentration of omega-3 acids—even more than salmon. One serving size includes 18 percent of recommended daily calcium and four grams of protein, and they are a great source of fiber... I'll let you know what my guts think of the plan.

And...because of this video I am going to add some baby kale to my smoothies and salads. I love kale chips and even Kale Salad with a sesame, Tamari, Orange dressing... I'd honestly thought of adding baby kale to my smoothies. Read this article on the benefits of kale: 9 health benefits of kale.

I already dropped the iron supplement... nothing worse than an already troubled colon that already refuses to work well being forced into an artificially created situation where it refuses to work at all... and have replaced said supplement (recently...as in only a week ago) because of an anemia-related health scare. I've added bee pollen granules which negates me being able to say I'm vegan...but my overall health is more important to me than being labeled. I obtained mine from at a local farmers market from a reputable bee keeper. When ordering online. Look for Raw, Organic, and entirely US origin obtained (unless you live in another country and then get your pollen from that source.) Obtaining as close to local as possible is important, whether it is for raw honey or pollen granules. Also, if you are new too bee products always, always, do a sensitivity test before using the product. Allow one granule to dissolve completely under your tongue. If you have bee sensitivities ...do not use at all.

I previously discussed Vitamin B supplementation here: Why Vitamin B Supplementation 




No comments:

Post a Comment