Saturday, July 23, 2011

Another One?

Does The World Really Need Another RAW Food Blog?

If you google RAW food you will find dozens of pages...hundreds of blogs...more ex-chefs turned RAW-chefs selling everything from cookbooks to supplements to their personal advice and life-coaching skills for a lot of moolah...
So in answer to the question...NO! The world does not need another one of those...

This blog is for me... a way to keep myself accountable because I keep falling off the RAWwagon... and for my friends who are kind enough to email me asking for the ingredients to the last fab smoothie I posted on Facebook:) There is no promise I will never, ever, ever write a RAW cookbook (I am a writer) and I never, ever, ever try to second guess the fates... but for now, it is not my plan or intention so if you are here and enjoy a recipe use it. Just please do not re-post as your own.
And with that said, I present the first recipe. A smoothie, of course.

Perfect Summer Morning Starter

1cp Summer Squash, 6-7 Baby Carrots 
1Banana, 1 cp Pineapple, 3/4 cp grapes
1 cp Organic Lemonade
1 cp Water


Blend all except water at Medium speed until all veggies are smooth increase to High Speed for about a minute (if you use a blender as I do this smoothie will have "texture" add enough water at this point so that you do not feel like you have to chew...) I add 1cp Water and mix for a few seconds on High


Supplies 2 Veggies, 3 Fruits approx approx 271 calories (for 90 reduced calories use all water no lemonade) 

No comments:

Post a Comment