Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lunch This Week

All this week -- to make sure staying raw is as easy as possible, I am starting my mornings with smoothie and following up with a super colorful, happy lunch...

It suddenly seems doubly important for me to stay raw or as close to raw as I can. I have been diagnosed with MSG sensitivity...seems like more than an allergy because the list of problems coming from MSG sensitivity mimic RA so closely that I wonder if one of the reasons the relief from Humira or so far the Simponi seem hit and miss and/or fairly random might be because of the MSG interference...

And I thought I was already AVOIDING MSG because I know it's not a healthy choice, but boy, oh boy, was I wrong! I now have a complete list of ADDITIVES TO AVOID...and it's quite surprising!
List of MSG masks
Basically, if it sounds man-made, I gotta avoid it...

Also, did you know that foods can be labeled "Natural" and "All-Natural" and still be loaded up with MSG? I did not know that. It's because the FDA and Food Labeling Commissions agree that MSG is a "natural product" because it occurs in nature. So now, even at the Health Food Store, I will be reading labels.

If you have known MSG sensitivities or allergies you probably already know that these restaurants reportedly use MSG liberally:
KFC, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, Wendy's
Chili's, Applebees, TGIF

IF you have any of the following symptoms after eating you may want to start looking at labels:

1. Severe headache
2. Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting
3. Irregular heartbeat or blood pressure, racing heart
4. Depression or mood change, bipolar, SAD
5. Abdominal pain, cramps, bloating, colitis, IBS
6. Balance problems, dizziness, or seizures, mini-strokes
7. Tenderness in localized areas, neck, back, etc.
8. Sleep disorders
9. Blurred vision or difficulty breathing
10. Chronic fatigue or sleepiness
11. Excessive perspiring or shuddering and chills
12. Shortness of breath, chest pains, asthma
13. Swelling, pain, or numbness of hands, feet, jaw
14. Pain in joints or bones
15. Flushing or tingling in face, chest, pressure behind eyes
16. Gagging reflex or difficulty swallowing
17. Hyperactivity, behavioral problems
18. Chronic post nasal drip
19. Skin rash, itching, hives
20. Bloated face, dark circles under strained eyes
21. Extreme thirst or dry mouth
22. Difficulty concentrating and poor memory
23. Slowed speech
24. Chronic bronchitis-like symptoms, allergy reactions,
dry cough, hoarseness or sore throat
25. Heavy, weak feeling in arms and legs

No comments:

Post a Comment