Saturday, February 11, 2012

Boulder, CO bans GMO's!

By Golly, Boulder has it right...if we can't win the battle against GMO's nationally, let's take 'em down one city at a time! I wonder who I need to start letter writing to in my area? I've been so focused on the national battle and it appears I need to regroup and refocus my efforts! You can do this to. Together we all win!


In this article, Dr Mercola explains what happened, "In November 2011, about 250 Boulder County residents attended a public meeting to discuss the planting of GM (genetically modified) crops on county-owned land.
Their turnout, together with an anti-GMO (genetically modified organism) recommendation from the county's Food and Agriculture Policy Council, led county officials to vote for a phase out of genetically engineered crops on open space."
I eaxplained it this way on my Facebook page:
"If you care at all about your health you have to be worried about GMO's. When I'm eating raw corn off the cob, it's one thing to worry about whether I washed off all the potential pesticides (if I'm not 100% proof positive it was organic) but it's quite another serious concern worrying about whether than corn is a GMO (most nationally grown US corn is btw)... since my battle started with RA and IBS I've had to ask myself over and over again, "what did I do wrong?" I wasn't that unhealthy of an eater...too much processed food sure, but way less than the standard American family...and I hate to admit, I occasionally indulged in meat, but have since mended my ways because of my horror over factory farms...and yes I consumed way too much sugar, soda and donuts does not a healthy breakfast make... but still, MOST of my American brothers and sisters are facing the same problems I was: weight gain, glucose issues, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, bowel disease in one form or another, autoimmune diseases...AND that makes me believe that the changing of our food supply is in part to blame. GMO's, additives, hormones and antibiotics...they are all part of the puzzle."

No comments:

Post a Comment