Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween! Blessed Samhain!!

An ending...and a new beginning...

Following the Simponi Side-effect Crisis, hubby is 100% on board for helping me attain 100% health and disease reversal through raw-foods. I never thought I'd see the day, but here he is asking, "what can I do to help?" He is now the official raw-food and msg police. Since I am not as good at deciphering labels as he is. He reads and gives the final yeah or nay. He never wanted the job, but I know he's a non-believer in food as ally and healer. He's also a scientist. So I am now the lab rat and he is the scientist. After he has to print a few reports and do a few spread sheets he may be wishing he hadn't been so quick to agree to help me... but neither of us saw any other way to make this happen. And I am out of medical community options.
(Well, there is an option but I refuse to even consider it. Taking even more dangerous pills with even more potential side-effects to counteract the side-effects of the already dangerous medication** I'm taking seems like a recipe for disaster!)

The parameters for the "experiment" include:
100% Vegan ... no meat, no dairy ...
100% Living Foods ... no cooked foods ... however herbal teas will be brewed as per instructions
< 10 grams fat/day*
*(after 90 days this will be reevaluated and it will be decided if the target range needs to drop even further and will probably be reduced at 2g less fat every 3 months until I experience the desired results)

Our experiment is primary centered around the work of JOHN McDOUGALL, M.D., BONNIE BRUCE Dr. PH., GENE SPILLER, Ph.D., JOHN WESTERDAHL, M.P.H., R.D., C.N.S., and MARY McDOUGALL in their paper titled Effects of A Very Low Fat, Vegan Diet in Subjects With Rheumatoid Arthritis who summarized, "Dietary therapy has many important advantages over drug therapy. It is low-cost, self-administered, and has no adverse side effects. Results of our study as well as those of others have found that many patients experience dramatic improvement in their arthritis symptoms and some have a complete remission with a change in diet."

And also the work of Gabriel Cousens M.D. who has studied raw foods and their influence on health for over 30 years. He has written several books including, Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine, Conscious Eating, and There Is A Cure For Diabetes

**I use the words "dangerous medication" because for me they are dangerous and potentially life-altering and/or life-threatening. That does not mean they are dangerous for everyone and individuals have to use their own brains to decide what constitutes acceptable risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment