Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011: Looking Back: Vegans In The News

Girlie Girl Army reported that it was a busy media year for Celebrity Vegans! Check out this article for the Who's Who rundown!

I love that Mike Tyson dropped 100 pounds changing his diet!
Laughed out loud that Portia de Rossi was quoted as saying that being Vegan was harder than being Gay.
And thrilled Forks Over Knives made the cut!

More Celebrities in the news:
Tennis Pros Venus Williams and Serena Williams are apparently trying a raw vegan diet........to help improve their health. This Vegetarian article shares that Natalie Portman, Alicia Silverstone, Olivia Wilde, Pamela Anderson, Bill and Chelsea Clinton are also vegetarians.


And my favs:
Woody Harrelson, Demi Moore, Darryl Hannah and Alicia Silverstone.


Alicia Silverstone wrote The Kind Diet... on my list to buy in 2012!!


Sooo, I'm not normally a celeb gossip follower but anytime I find out someone is vegan or a raw foodist I make a mental note... maybe because I know that sometime, somewhere I will meet someone that won't consider even hearing about raw from moi, but if I toss out a tidbit like "(insert famous name here) is a raw foodist (or vegan) it might get an otherwise impossible conversation started:)


I hope all of you a healthy happy New Year... and I know I am looking forward to being very active this year because I am maintaining more raw every day AND starting today I am tossing grains -- I said goodbye to oatmeal this morning, making 1/4 cup of Irish Steel Cut topped with 1 cup fresh fruit, but eating only a few bites (my dog gobbled up the rest) and all of the fruit, totally 2 bananas, 1/2 cp blueberries, 1/4 cp pineapple, 1 T raw organic coconut, a 1 T raw macadamia nuts... "I don't need no stinkin' oatmeal that rips up my intestines and makes my joints scream!"


Today is Day 1 of 100%Vegan...
Staying mostly RAW...

No comments:

Post a Comment