Thursday, January 26, 2012

Winning...

Last week was tough, winter finally settled in and I started adding beans and rice back in.
Worse I added all those things that go well with beans and rice... sour cream, cheese, guacamole...
Lots of fat...

Fat makes my joints hurt. The fatigue comes back...
So after three days of that I knew I was in trouble.
It doesn't take long to start feeling bad again.

So I've made peace with winter.

I love looking outside at the gray stormy skies. The ice clinging to the trees is wondrous.
And I'm eating raw through it all.

My morning:
I eat a banana (or two) and drink a glass of orange juice.
Then I warm up with a cup of hot herb tea...

Snack: more fruit or more juice

Lunch: Huge Salad and small bowl of warm (raw) soup

Dinner: Small Salad, Fruit
And usually another cup of herb tea...

Snack: Fruit

I'm learning to love fruit. My favorites are watermelon, bananas, grapes, apples, and tomatoes.
Tomatoes with balsamic syrup is amazing... I don't think balsamic syrup is raw or even available raw, but its helping me stay high-raw and low fat. And that's the most important thing.

Salad is my favorite...and the huge salad I eat at lunch is about 4 cups of greens. It takes a while;)
My favorite dressing is
My second favorite is blue cheese (only raw when I can get the raw blue cheese and make my own dressing which isn't always possible, in which case I have a backup organic brand I bought at the health food store. It isn't vegan but it is so amazing I sometimes use it even though it is my fat gram intake for the whole day in one meal, which leaves me juicing the rest of the day. I plan on that. And sometimes, it's worth it.)

The best thing I've done for myself is to stop labeling myself. Raw. Vegan. Vegetarian. Whatever. I'm eating to improve my health and staying below 10 grams fat and eating live whole foods tops my list. Condiments like a tablespoon of dressing in an entire day may make me no longer able to call myself vegan, but I can call myself healthy and feeling good.

Today I'm winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment