Monday, January 23, 2012

Cheaters Never Win

Not having a great day...

Sure the weather has sucked big time... rain, ice, snow...48*F to 2*F and back to 48*F all in the course of a weekend...

But more to the heart of the matter, I've been taking chances with my diet, adding things here and there I know my body hasn't been able to handle well--like a bowl of rice or ounce of cheese. The first day I didn't notice a problem, so I thought, "I can get by with that." I believed a "little won't hurt" but each little added up to more and more... until several weeks later... I looked at my fitday.com averages, not just by day, excusing one here or there, but really looked... and was shocked to find that my average this week was 24g fat, and the average of the last 2 weeks 22grams...and the farther out I went it didn't get much better. The average for the last two months? 19 grams! My goal is supposed to be a 6-10g daily, or roughly an 8g average based on 800 calories a day = 10%. Even on a 1000 calorie day going over 10 g would be unacceptable.

So what happened?
I could blame the holidays...again.
Or I could just face that my food addictions are a major battle. I don't know anyone who struggles with cravings as much as I do, but I do know breaking this latest cycle has to be priority one. 

Whether my unhappy colon triggers my achy joints or vice versa, the end result is a flair. A big pain day (guts and joints) A fatigue day (how many hour naps do I really need? and how long is long enough to stay awake between naps to justify another?) ...an unhappy day (I'm struggling with depression, I don't want to believe my doctor was right all along and I did just get to enjoy a long remission...)

I want to believe I can win again the diseases shackling my body.

I'm trying to struggle and work through it, but what I really need to do is address the problem. I'm thinking another juice fast and this thirty day recipe plan was just what I was looking for.

I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment