Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day Four: Disaster

Okay, no worries, it wasn't a life-or-death tragedy, just a temperature drop from 105*F to 52*F over night. I froze to death working at the Ohio Renaissance Festival and to make matters worse did not go prepared with the appropriate food for such a temperature shift...

I started out holding a baked potato wrapped in foil to keep my fingers warm... and then I ate it.

To make matters worse, we had company for dinner and although I was prepared to face a cooked meal with just my salad, I caved...

I'm blaming the damn weather, and my weak resolve...
The spaghetti tossed with garlic and sun-dried tomatoes  was yummy. The home-made Italian bread, dipped in garlic butter was the true nemesis. I could eat my weight in just bread. Love. love, love it. Now I gotta figure out a way to say goodbye to it...or make peace with my addiction. That, my friends, is a worry for another day because I am too tired to breath and I hurt in places a body shouldn't hurt.

Tomorrow's weather bodes for a repeat of the same and I am too exhausted to think about meal planning.
I'm going to bed and hoping for the best, because the effort my body is exerting to digest the cooked food has stolen any reserve of energy I had left. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment