Friday, September 2, 2011

Day Two

I feel amazing and surprisingly did not wake up starved to death like I thought I would. Later in the day however, I did start craving carbs a little... the antidote, which I won't be able to take advantage of until tomorrow, is Carrot Ginger Crackers I'm dehydrating overnight. For today, I settled for a handful of raw nuts.

Breakfast: 125 cal  0.4 fat
Goat's Blood Smoothie
**made with beets and strawberries, so don't worry, no animals were harmed in the making of this smoothie

Lunch: 150 cal. 1.5 fat
Almost-Raw Cous Cous Salad
**see yesterday's post for recipe

Mid-day Snack 250 cal, 0.7
Sushi, raw tuna and raw veggies wrapped in raw nori (www.rawguru.com)
Pickled Ginger

Dinner: 44 cal  0.4 fat
Heirloom Tomatoes

**each meal was followed by 24 ounces of water, I do not drink during meals

Again, I was really worried about the total calorie count and added the sushi midday due to that fact. Still, even with the sushi my count seemed low. Also, I had a few MSG allergy issues (migraine) after eating the sushi even though I though I was being very careful and read all the labels. So, I'm not sure what's up with that... and in fact, in hindsight, the cous cous may be the true culprit, not the sushi.

Total cal: 569
Total fat: 3.0, 7% fat

Going forward I will eventually have to address the calorie issue, but since I could stand to lose twenty pounds, I'm not worried for now -- as long as my energy stays high, and right now, it's pretty dang high, even after the migraine...

No comments:

Post a Comment