Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Anti-Inflammatory Foods

Juice Feast Day #4
I'm stuck in a few bad habits, although my bad habits are probably fairly tame as far as habits go...
One of them is my breakfast banana... if I do not have my glass of orange juice and a banana within minutes of waking up (seriously) I'm cranky the rest of the morning... you would think juicing would be a distraction... but no. So I am resigned to mostly juicing and eating my banana.
It makes me happy:)
And a happy juicer is a successful juicer. At least that's my philosophy...

I've been doing some research into anti-inflammatory diets and specifically anti-inflammatory juices and one of the best articles I've seen was posted on a running blog:
Top Anti-Inflammatory Foods For Runners
I guess very competitive runners worry about such things as well...

Al I know is that I want happy guts and non-achy joints for the rest of my life (knowing there is no jazzy seat in my near future would also be a boon)... so here is what I've gathered from my massive research...

An apple a day really does keep the doctor away: anti-inflammatory, high in anti-oxidants, lowers cholesterol, and high in polyphenols, which makes it a pretty perfect "healer" in my book...

Did you know that foods actually now have a IF (inflammatory Factor) Rating? Me either...
Seems a nutritionist, Monica Reinagel, invented it and it is catching on like gangbusters. Edible Evolution did a fairly comprehensive blog about it here.

What I targeted on was the Spices, Fruits and Veggies... mainly because I am avoiding Meat, Fish, Nuts, and Seeds like the plague due to their high fat content and I am determined to keep my fat intake at or below 10g per day.

So, with their IF Rating attached here's the list I zero'd in on:


Acerola, raw IF Rating: 696
Olives IF Rating: 87
Guavas, common, raw IF Rating: 77
Lemon peel, raw IF Rating: 36
Currants, black, raw IF Rating: 26
Papayas, raw IF Rating: 21

Pumpkin, IF Rating 334



   Woohoo! I now have an excuse t eat garlic, onions, and hot peppers with EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment