Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Journey Continues...

I haven't posted for a few days, because I've had a few bad days--not because I fell off the raw bus, but still because of what I was eating--I needed time to internalize and process what I am doing and why I am doing it... here's what I came up with:

Why: I am sick. Period. My body got sick because of what I was putting into it=junk.
Why: If eating crap made my body ill, eating alive, nutritionally dense foods should make me well.

Frustration: Getting sick did not happen over night, Getting well will not happen over night.
Frustration: Raw food recipes are complicated and make me feel worse than the junk SAD diet I was on previously.
Frustration: Too many raw food gurus with opposing philosophies and POV's that are super damn confusing.

The answer is obviously RAW FOOD/ALIVE FOODS... I'm convinced of that.

The answer is not raw food gourmet foods which are insanely over-stuffed with fat, over-processed through dehydration, and horrid *food combining...so no more recipe books! Seriously.
Here's one example why:
Take my favorite *SAD food: Pizza and at it's base it is dough, sauce, fatty toppings.
That same food raw-ized is basically a nut base with huge amount of fat 90%...with a sauce that may or may not be high fat...with a cashew cheese topping=more fat... this is not good for anyone.

So the answer for me is getting back to simplicity...
Juicing...Mono foods...Salads
And doing all of my food combining correctly...

*Food-Combining- here is a basic food combining chart to maximize the ease of digestion so that you can maximize the nutrient uptake in your intestine:
And as far as a mono-diet...this is a single fruit/vegetable "meal" (think 3 bananas) or a salad with a mono-type: Basically if it is a sweet fruit you can eat other sweet fruits with it. If it is citrus, keep it with other citrus fruits...etc

*SAD diet-Standard American Diet, this doesn't need too much explanation. You were probably raised on this diet...

No comments:

Post a Comment