Friday, November 4, 2011

Juice Feast Day #1- Looking Back

As I look back over the last year and to renew my assurance that I am on the right path by being mostly raw, this morning, I weighed, measured, and photo'd... and compared to last year's photos... I did not measure a year ago but they say a photo is worth a thousand words (and despite my embarrassment I am posting the before and afters)... this is a total exposure for me and one I'm not too happy about, but I see so many people suffering needlessly when a change of diet would literally change their lives... I am putting myself out there so that maybe someone else will be brave enough to do the same.
Nov. 2010 - 188 pounds


April 2011
 
In Nov, 2010, I weighed 188 pounds, my eyes and face were swollen looking.  I was using a cane...  There were days I barely managed walking from the couch to the bathroom and needed help to manage the stairs. Every day I took a nap from 1pm-4pm... and still I stayed exhausted all day. I looked years older than my 47 years...

Nov 2011- 144 pounds
I feel like my health is better... I am thinner, I weigh 144 pounds... my eyes and face are no longer puffy... I am walking every day at least one mile a day. No cane! And days of laying on the sofa absolutely miserable are a past memory. The biggest improvement is how I feel... I am full of energy and the days of afternoon naps are gone.

Some will argue that the biologic drugs are solely to thank, I disagree...because I know how my body actually feels...but the proof will be revealed over the next 100 days after I do not take any more Simponi injections...
Just so there is no doubt that I no longer have the puffy eyes, here is a face shot...up close... no make-up. Do you think I look closer to my real age now? I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment