Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Are You Feeling Awesome Yet?

I'm feeling AMAZING!

A year ago, same day, wasn't so good... I'd started a major pain flair on Dec 25th, both joints and guts, which lasted through Spring, which spawned the crazy idea that biologics might be required, and which I started in April. That turned out to be a disaster... but I'm going to reflect on the hindsight for a moment...

In hindsight I was doing a lot better October and November, while I was mostly raw, and then Thanksgiving hit, and I fell off the horse and stayed off...

That's what I focused on after I started the biologics... first, I didn't really want to take drugs that I knew would lower my immune system... so raw couldn't hurt... I could at least be the healthiest person I knew with a lowered immune system, right? and second, I wasn't comfortable taking a drug that could potentially give me cancer... so I thought proactively making food choices that would lower my increased chance was a good idea...

In hindsight my thinking was crazy flawed...
Why not just be mostly-raw to get rid of my gut and joint issues??

Whew!
Thankfully, I'm mostly raw still... through the holidays! I survived family dinner spreads, restaurants, and a dozen other high temptation activities (like making homemade (baked) cookies (yes, with flour and sugar... gasp) and managed to stay mostly-raw, vegetarian, low fat, very limited nuts or grains, no processed anything! And I am medication free... not even an aspirin!

I feel great! My joints are happy! My guts are happy! Though to be honest my muscles are little sore because I've been doing so much!! hahaha!! I'm ACTIVE AGAIN! I've added yoga to my daily walks... I'm thinking about adding a belly dance class!

During some recent festivities, as I crammed salad into my mouth at a restaurant, I had someone ask me if I was worried about the health effects of eating only raw and only fruits and vegetables!

Lets see...
My latest Dr. check-up revealed that my cholesterol is back in healthy ranges, ditto for my blood pressure, and my Vitamin D levels are perfect... I was down 54 pounds!

I'm down from a 15/16 to a 7/8...

And I'll reiterate... I'm pain free.

So, nope, I'm not worried at all about me... but that chick that did the question asking who is currently living on McDonalds, Wendy's, Red Robin, and TGIF... and who recently had part of her colon removed, but still didn't change her diet... I'm super worried about her!

So my question for her would be: ARE YOU FEELING AWESOME YET???
Because I have answers.. just ask!!


No comments:

Post a Comment