Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Palatable Green Juice!!!!!

In an almost desperate attempt to heal my colon I have turned to juicing. And all the literature I read points to green juices... and my luck with green juices has been dismal. Yesterday I posted on Facebook:
"Collard Green Juice is AWFUL!"
Which was right in line with previous statement concerning every green juice I've ever tried including Kale Juice is AWFUL and Spinach Juice is AWFUL...

Today, at wits end because I know green juice is what my intestines need right now, I decided to create a yummy green juice or else! I started with everything I had in my fridge that was green: Collard Greens, Romaine, Parsley, Celery, Cucumber, Limes, Serrano Peppers, and a good size chunk of Ginger.

I used all the ingredients shown (except only 8 of the limes)... I blended...loving especially how the parsley, celery and cucumber smelled as they went through. Stirred, Poured, Tasted... added about 8 ounces water to the 20 ounces of juice I'd collected... Stirred, poured, and tasted again... and Voila! Not only a palatable green juice but one I can drink every day and enjoy!

It's citrus-y, and spicy, and not a hint of that putrid kale taste...
Hooray!!!
It's YUMMY even!

No comments:

Post a Comment