Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Juicing: Choosing Veggies

For me, juicing is for one purpose: HEALING

I want to to use the best veggie/fruit combination to get the job done fastest. And I have a long list of what I think needs fixed.

I think first and foremost, because I was on some horrific immune system destroying medications, I need to cleanse and get rid of the toxins. Second, I need to address my gut issues. And third, my joint issues...of course, I'd also like clearer skin, clearer eyes, and all the rest. I want my health back. I want my vitality back.

But who has the answers?

Geesh, there are so many sales pitches out there, it's hard to weed through all the branding and hype just t get to the root of the information...and that information is anemic. I want hard core. I want facts. And I found that in this book:


RAW VEGETABLE JUICES by NW WALKER
originally released in 1936


What I like about this book is there is no sales pitch, no shine, no glamour...just facts!
Every single vegetable is represented and some fruits as to what afflictions they address.

What I discovered is that life hasn't changed much in almost eighty years...the pharmaceutical companies are more sophisticated but people are still getting sick (sicker) and dying from all the diseases that perplexed man then. And the answer is still the same. Our cooked food is making us sick and raw food will make us well and juice gets to the root of the cause faster.

If I recommend one book this year. This is the book! However, everything written by NW Walker is amazing and if you have ever wondered "Why RAW?" or "Why is cooked food damaging me?" then he absolutely has the answers. I particularly liked:

The Natural Way to Vibrant Health by NW Walker, which explains the answers to all the why's.

The Vegetarian Guide to Diet and Salad by NW Walker, because the salad combinations are amazing... what is not amazing is that he does use some dairy products, and that drove me a bit insane but for vegetarians and not vegans the book is amazing and so I will recomend because it addresses even more of the reasons why in context of what food does/doesn't do for the body and overall health.

One of his books that is on my wish list that I have not gotten yet is:
Colon Health to Key Vibrant Health by N.W. Walker

These books really resonate for me and I know that one reason is because the are so reminiscent of the books I used to sit and read as a young child at my grandfather's house. I was probably a pretty bizarre-o kid but I could read for hours the dusty hardcovers he had on colonics, and herbals/tonics/tinctures, natural healing and metaphysics. All of the books were written prior to the 1950's and I would so love to have them now...

Anyway... enough chatter.

Let's start healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment