Thursday, December 22, 2011

I Am Figuring "IT" Out!

I am figuring it out seemed like a perfect title for today's post as it is Yule and the tide is turning toward Spring, although I know our weather will get worse before it gets better, and although I officially celebrated the "new year" in October on Samhain...we are still approaching what most of the modern world considers "The New Year"...and resolutions will soon run rampant...

As such, I've been reflecting a bit and I realized I have and am-more so every day-figuring out the raw food lifestyle.

Here's an example, yesterday, faced with an empty belly and my quickest fast food choices coming from the health food store... I chose Coconut Juice, an Apple, and some Falafel (not raw but vegan)...

A few bites in I told my hubby: "I could make these better raw." I then started listing the ingredients I would use and sure enough when I looked up an online raw recipe for falafel the majority of the ingredients I'd named were listed! I'm intuitively on the right track! Yay me

I then decided, if I can make falafel... I can make anything!
And I came up with a list of things to try:
Scones
Biscotti
Corn Tortillas
Nut free taco filling
*photo from Barefoot and Frolicking

**Blogger edited 12/23/2011:  "This recipe is a FAIL! Tastes nothing like falafel:( Maybe I did something wrong. Or maybe I love real falafel so much there is no way to make raw without chickpeas taste like cooked with chickpeas... anyway, as a concession to my cravings and desire to maintain low fat I am going to make a traditional falafel with chickpeas but baked, not fried...and hoping that it will taste closer to what I want.


A year ago I couldn't justify the price of a Vitamix and an Excaliber dehydrater...but now I see those purchases not as luxury items but necessities. And come tax return I will be getting them.

Being "Mostly Raw" isn't a fad...this diet is my new normal...and I'm excited about that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment